You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … until you climb into his skin and walk around in it. ~ Fictional Lawyer Atticus Finch
I’ve began to notice a disturbing trend in how the recent police shootings are being portrayed in the overall media and it goes something like this:
1. A Black Man is killed by police for no apparent good reason.
2. The Dead black man is immediately vilified in the media, including having prior criminal record published.
3. People divide up into two camps, those that will back the police no matter what and those that want to see systemic change.
4. Bikering starts, no one bothers to ask very basic questions because the bickering becomes the news.
5. Little changes except for the victim’s family and we return to step 1.
Now the ante is upped because unstable individuals are taking matters into their own hands and retaliating against the police and good cops are dying. Tensions are certain to rise even further.