There are more things happening right now behind the scenes in Bay St Louis than I have time to cover today, all of which have their roots in last Tuesday night’s meeting which I was unable to attend. If the Sun Herald covered it I missed their story but we can always count on the local newspaper of record to cover such vital public events as the Seacoast Echo had a reporter there Tuesday night so first up is the today’s story on last Tuesday’s Bay City Council meeting courtesy of the Seacoast Echo. We’ll circle that story for right now and move on to a couple of coded messages I am receiving from prominent members of the community. Here is the first one:
But the most intriguing one is below the jump.
Finally the rumor mills is saying that Bay St Louis Mayor Les Fillingame has announced a major personnel restructuring at City Hall to better align the current workforce with Hizzoner’s strategic vision for the City. I am working to confirm these personnel moves but this is what I was able to discern from the Restore Bay St Louis Facebook page:
1. Marketing professional and current City Cultural Affairs Officer Paula Fairconnetue to become the new Chief Financial Officer.
2. Current Animal Control Officer to become Director of the Building Department.
3. Current Bay Building Official Charles Oliver to wear two hats as City Cultural Affairs officer and local alcohol licensing officer for the City.
4. Katie Stewart to become Police Chief /DOJ Grant manager.
5. Chief Denardo to become Fire Chief.
6. Fire Chief San Fillippo to become facilities rental coordinator.
Coming up in Part 2. Slabbed will analyze these latest gyrations in detail. Stay tuned.