Slabbed can add confirmation of Desdemona’s comment (edited):
Little fun fact for those interested… Good ole Rep Eure is REALLY good friends (like county club good friends) with the famous Miller Time. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe there was some kind of spat (not sure of the details) between Baria and a few employees of Marine Resources some time back (i could be wrong, yet it could have been a rumor) Eure being on the Appropriations Committee controlling money that is managed by Marine Resources… Coincidence? I think not. So, whatever shall we do with the remaining money boys? Same game, different players my friends…
- Rep. Eure is REALLY good friends with Jamie Miller, who is also very good friends with Joe Cloyd.
- There was a confrontation between Rep Baria and DMR staffers
- Rep Eure controls the house purse strings over DMR Tideland funding.
- Rep Baria is currently on the bench in the State House as it is controlled by the GOP
- Rep Baria and Bay Waveland School Superintendent Rebecca Ladner politicized the local public school district back in January with Ladner’s participation in the Democrat response to Gov Phil’s State of the State address, an action that continues to generate local criticism all these months later.
- The City of Bay St Louis track record of financial mismanagement under the Fillingame Administration speaks for itself.
- The Fillingame Administration removed the Harbor wave break from the State Funded Harbor design plans. The pavilion at the Harbor where the bands play is super nice though.
- BWSD Superintendent Ladner was recently rewarded for her actions with a new three year contract.
If this sounds like a FUBAR type situation to you, then we’re all on the same page. And of course the people that suffer from the partisanship are the people that live here but that’s normally how it works.
In other news, Rep Baria’s replacement in the State Senate, Phillip Moran, the guy that Rep Baria tried putting under the bus in the early news coverage of Tidelandgate [Seacoast Echo story here] is on Tuesday’s City Council agenda:
In other news I’m sensing the stench of fiscal irresponsibility emanating from the Mayor’s office as there are whispers circulating throughout the community:
- Mayor Fillingame still has not come completely clean about the amount of money the City can expect in Tideland funds.
- That the $13 surcharge on your water bill that was designated strictly for debt service has been co-mingled into the Enterprise Find and expended, leaving the Debt Service fund short for paying the upcoming refunding bonds, that were issued at great expense to the city because it could not make the bond payment in July 2014.
- There is a trial balloon being floated by the Fillingame Administration to putting on a 5 mil tax levy to pay the bonds to go with the utility surcharge that has evidently been co-mingled and misspent.
- State Auditor Stacey Pickering is as worthless as a teat on a boar hog.