But first some lovely music:
Auditor Pickering had to get out in front of the rampant rumor mill and boy did he! So what do we know now? Here are a few observations.
- The FBI was poking around before Michaela Hill’s tragic suicide and indeed they interviewed her.
- I now completely understand why Mrs. HIll’s family blames Bill Walker for the break that led to her tragic suicide. She would be a bit player in the scheme of things but the story goes Team Walker tried serving her up as the main course to the FBI by invoking the political power Walker possessed.
- The OIG certainly got the FBI involved and the OIG’s involvement dates back to at least April 2012.
- Tina Shumate…..oh Tina you are in a heap of big trouble.
- The problems associated with an Auditors office that does not audit are self evident.
And there is more, far more in fact but I need material for future posts.
Now we gotta have a chat because it should most evident that Slabbed New Media has tuned into and is now receiving high quality bat signals from both high and low places. The FBI isn’t talking folks but it strongly appears to me that Good Ship Walker has been abandoned except for whatever firehouse friends remain but those folks would largely not be in the political world. I am receiving word of people literally turning their backs to the Walkers in professional settings such as certain scientific conferences, as the realization has set in regarding the totality of that culture of corruption locally and in certain circles across the nation.
Let the backstabbing commence
I mention this because in Mississippi, even though most everyone supposedly belongs to the GOP there are political and economic driven rivalries that far surpass the olden days when everyone was supposedly Democrat. I am hearing rumors of coms leaks and other assorted nastiness that would be right up any self respecting muckraker’s alley. I do not know if I will ever bring such tips home but I’d caution everyone that it was Slabbed New Media that snagged Magnum’s contract with BP so hope springs eternal.
The major takeaway here and a signal I’ve been receiving for weeks now is the political power structure has abandoned the Walkers and Auditor Pickering’s remarks yesterday are a pointed public confirmation. And while the FBI does not talk it is a certainty Uncle Sam is not gonna let Tina Shumate squander deca millions of dollars in CIAP funding without consequences.
You good folks from Louisiana reading this understand the significance of State officials actually taking action against systemic corruption mainly because your local DAs and Attorney General never prosecute their (former) friends. It is all in how the system is set up but that is topic for another post.