Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Turns out folks William Shakespeare was a true prophet calling the crash and burn of the Legal Department at the Super 8 Motel on Clearview Parkway hundreds of years in advance as MacBeth posited an accurate description of the type of plaintiff’s work being done by the inhabitants of said Legal Department in the now disgraced/disbarred Aaron Broussard and Daniel G. “Danny” Abel. Let’s drill down a bit on the lawyer who’s cases Belo’s WWL TV Channel 4 relentlessly promotes:
- Eric Paulsen v State Farm (Zeroed)
- Shane Gates aka Shane D’Antoni and Danny Abel v Brown (Aaron Broussard headed to prison)
- Webb v Morella (Court Sanctions – Rule 11 FRCP)
- Chisesi v. Auto Club Family Ins. Co (Court Sanctions – frivolous appeal)
- ASAP Court Reporting Services v Abel (Deadbeat lawyer, frivolous appeal)
- Shane Gates aka Shane D’Antoni v Strain (Multiple sanctions by US District Judge Stanwood Duval)
- Martin et al v Magee et al (Court sanctions – frivolous appeal)
Suffice it so say there are more such instances but in the interest of time I will not list them but we must update two cases, Magee et al v Abel et al which I introduced yesterday and Webb v Morella plus introduce a new one in Manton et al v Strain et al as Abel has a particular fetish for suing the NOPD and St Tammany Parish Sheriff Jack Strain. Manton v Strain is instructive so let’s begin there as it follows the Goatherder formula:
- File suit against absolutely everyone every tangentially connected to the wild conspiracy theory being posited that particular day. Of particular interest was the lead council in the 2009 rendition of this suit ended up intervening as a defendant later when Abel and company took over the point.
- Spectacularly lose the case, appeal the loss and lose that case as well since “Mantons had failed to raise an issue of material fact.”
- File another suit recycling the allegation from the first suit.
- Attempt a smear campaign using media outlets such as Belo’s Channel 4 TeeVee except in this case Abel used a conservative website called Human Events for PR dupes to publicize his baseless allegations. That’s OK though because the Human Events people are in good company.
- Less than one month after Abel’s promo of this suit appeared in Human Events he lost the suit.
- Defendants file to recover their attorney fees for having to defend against Abel’s frivolous lawsuits.
Wash, rinse, repeat for this is the way of a Goatherder. I hope it is lost on no one that once upon a time Abel was trying to put the gun manufacturers outta business in between collaborating on the literary flops which chronicled his misadventures. Only one words fits folks and that is jackassery and this brings me to latest developments in Webb v Morella (click the pic to nab the full pdf document).
It’s textbook Goatherder abuse of process IMHO:
Joyce Case Harlow, myself and Timothy Gillespie can all relate to that. Then again so can Trip Advisor, myself and Val Bracy (formerly of Fox 8) along with myself, Kevin LaMaire and Anne Marie Vandenweghe and whoever else the Goatherders feel like lumping in at the particular moment and yes there are other such websites. This does not include the webhost of the Trout Point Lodge blog Automattic, which not only hosted most of these websites but now also is the current subject of a suit in Nova Scotia filed by Abel’s long times business associates Charles Leary and Vaughn Perret who are claiming some sort of contractual relationship existed in between them and Automattic in the deletion of the original version of Slabbed. It is a paranoid fantasy befitting of the sociopaths behind the serial filing of these lawsuits but the courts in Nova Scotia actually take these two SLAPP Happy Nut jobs seriously, unlike the US Courts as illustrated by Danny Abel. Here is another snippet from that motion for sanctions in Webb v Morella:
It is just that bad…..
And the result? The United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals explains:
Again I can relate but that is another post and this brings me to Quitclaim Magee’s malicious prosecution, abuse of process and defamation lawsuit against Danny Abel and his clients the Martin family. As I’ve previously posted that suit followed the same pattern as Webb v Morella, Gates v Strain and Part Deux of Manton v Strain. First Abel leaks the suit to the dupes in the news operations at Belo’s Channel 4, likely via Eric Paulsen with whom Abel has outside business associations and spectacularly dishonest journalism is the end result. At this point I gotta say even though I’m down with both Hammerman and McCarthy IMHO nether will be ultimately able to overcome the self interest driven cesspool that is WWL TV style journalism because it is rotten to the core. Lest I digress because Abel’s racketeering lawsuit against Quitclaim Magee crashed and burned and Magee struck back against Abel and his easily led clients the Martins (click the pic to nab the full pdf document):
And the lawsuit proceeded to discovery as this 2 page letter illustrates (click the pic to nab the full pdf document):
But as we saw in Paulsen v State Farm the Goatherders like to play games with the discovery process. Legal filings were exchanged and a hearing was held in August 2012. Abel had a very bad day (click the pic to nab the full pdf document):
Predictably as this screen capture illustrates Abel troll Chris Yount is lurking close by in service to the Goatherder Nation:
So what do you do when you get DQ’d as lawyer for everyone but yourself? You play the I’ll issue the phoney subpoena game just like Gates v Strain that’s what (click the pic to nab the full pdf document):
And it’s all downhill from there as the next document tells the tale of the later events (click the pic to nab the full pdf document):
This particular snippet from the above does not sound good for Eric Paulsen:
Naturally when one sees how this particular lawyer conducts himself professionally there is a natural reaction of horror when he begins the next publicity blitz:
Stay tuned for more tales from the Legal Department of the Super 8 Motel on Clearview Parkway……