The point being brought up on Whitergate’s Guest Post River Birch Landfill: Anatomy of Corruption. I always recommend following the money folks as I submit this from the WayBack Machine circa May 9th 2008:
A stable pacifist democracy in Central America, Costa Rica has numerous advantages as a location for business entity formation and banking–superior to many so-called “offshore financial centers”–as well as being a superlative place to live, work, or retire.
We can provide the following services related to Costa Rica banking, Costa Rica corporations, and moving to or living in Costa Rica:
- Costa Rica corporations, including off-the-shelf companies
- Advice and consultation about Costa Rica corporations, their use and structure
- Costa Rica lawyer referrals
- Moving to and living in Costa Rica, including buying property, insurance, banking, construction management, and visas, with specific advice strucutred for Canadian and United States citizens
For more information and specific products and services, please visit our Costa Rica section.
Home of the Retiring and Living in Costa Rica Vacation Packages at the Inn at Coyote Mountain
Come stay for a three-day vacation and consult with experts Charles Leary, PhD and Vaughn Perret, JD about retiring or living in Costa Rica, starting a business, buying property, Costa Rica corporations and banking, or the construction process.
These days their website Living Abroad Consultants has none of that material online. Let’s drill down a bit more now and talk “anonymous corporations”:
Costa Rica Overview:
Considerations in Banking, Company Formation, Living or Retiring Abroad, Expatriate Living
Retirement in Costa Rica: Come Visit and Consult with Vaughn Perret, J.D. and Charles Leary, PhD while staying at the luxurious Inn at Coyote Mountain, just 1 1/2 hours from central San Jose. Please send us an e-mail message or check here for more information.
Costa Rica makes an excellent candiate for relocation or retirement, including top-notch personal services and health care, your choice of climate, and financial incentives.
Unlike its southern neighbor, Panama, Costa Rica has never developed or been classified as an offshore financial center. In yet there are a number of elements that promote using Costa Rica in this way, including:
- Banking secrecy laws
- Anonymous corporations
- No tax on income earned outside of Costa Rica for both individuals and businesses
- Stable economy and the presence of major international banks
- No discrimination between Costa Rica residents and non-residents for tax, real property, and corporate purposes
Some members of the Costa Rica government are trying to change some of these provisions, and a close eye should be kept on any proposed changes to current legislation. An excellent summary exists at lowtex.net’s Costa Rica section.
Today it appears the Goatherders no longer do the consulting part after selling Cerro Coyote.