Kirk Cheyfitz of Story Worldwide has updated his post on Trout Point Lodge

Folks, I swear you simply can not make this kind of complete jackassery up as Kirk Cheyfitz has updated his post about his Trout Point experience:

Since this post initially went up, I have gotten numerous emails, ranging from apologetic to threatening, from Charles Leary. He alleges bad behavior on my part. He also says the long-running lawsuit filed against Trout Point and him by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) has been settled. In addition, he says the man I talked to who was identified by his staff as Charles Leary was not, in fact, Charles Leary. But he will not produce the document showing the lawsuit was settled and he will not identify the man he claims I spoke to. Finally, he reaffirms his belief in his policy of attempting to own all his guests’ thoughts, observations and opinions about Trout Point.

Of course we have Leary and Perret’s photo should Kirk need to make a positive ID. :mrgreen:

sop

12 thoughts on “Kirk Cheyfitz of Story Worldwide has updated his post on Trout Point Lodge

1. lockemuptight

A Trout Point Lodge traitor just sent me a copy of the document you must sign before checking into Trout Point Lodge as follows:

We pledge allegiance to the Flag, of Trout Point Lodge, one Lodge under complete mind control of its owners, and we swear that we will relinquish control of all our liberties,thoughts, words and deeds to said owners of the Lodge not only while we stay at the Lodge but also for the rest of our natural born lives; and further, that should we have any questions about the Lodge's amenities or our treatment we promise not to say a critical word ,but only to say and print good and happy things about our stay, so help me Lodge.
    X———————————– affied this ——–day of ——————,2011, under threats of legal retribution.

The above is a P A R O D Y, like ha,ha, and ha on The Trout Point Lodge's infamous,legendary policy of making the public sign a document prohibiting any public comments on their vacation stay or experience at the Lodge.

2. Novelle Ecosse

I am more in the mood for the Dixie Chicks, Not Ready to Make Nice. I think I shall send a fake press release to the media claiming I am a Dixie Chick. The cute one of course. And then once it is spread around that the cute Dixie Chick is hiding out in Nova Scotia, I'll accuse them of what, bigotry? Just trying to follow the logic.

3. lockemuptight

Being the LSU Fighting Tigers play tonite on ESPN enough lovie dovie, Dixie Chickie stuff – – – – – – – – – – – –

TIGER BAIT- – – – TIGER BAIT – – – – – – TIGER BAIT – – – — – – TIGER BAIT – — – – — TIGER BAIT- –

No, No Charles don't you worry your faint heart, only The Bulldogs are on the TIGERS menu for tonite !!!!

Can someone post the LSU Tigers Song : Hey, Fighting Tigers – – – – – fight all the way – – – Hey, Fighting Tigers win the fight today- – – – – –

Oops, Sop I forgot you live in Mississsippi. However, I still love Johnny Reb of Ole Miss though.

4. Novelle Ecosse

From Wiki here is the definition of a SLAPP lawsuit:

A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition. [1]

The typical SLAPP plaintiff does not normally expect to win the lawsuit. The plaintiff's goals are accomplished if the defendant succumbs to fear, intimidation, mounting legal costs or simple exhaustion and abandons the criticism. A SLAPP may also intimidate others from participating in the debate. A SLAPP is often preceded by a legal threat. The difficulty, of course, is that plaintiffs do not present themselves to the Court admitting that their intent is to censor, intimidate or silence their critics. Hence, the difficulty in drafting SLAPP legislation, and in applying it, is to craft an approach which affords an early termination to invalid abusive suits, without denying a legitimate day in court to valid good faith claims.

5. Novelle Ecosse

Will Mr. Cheyfitz get slapped? Likely not, he drives a Lexus. And apparently news coming out from the Lodge is the wording on the guest registration cards is such to PROTECT guests from INTRUSIVE bloggers and travel sites.

Sorry if I made anyone spit coffee on their keyboards.

6. sop81_1

It appears that Leary and Perret prefer people with weak minds and you may be surprised at how many folks will sign it without a second thought. But the way they treat some of the locals is what is coming back to bite them on their hineys Novelle. You see Kirk's review on Trip Advisor? Lots of folks are finding it helpful.

Satisfied customers are earned. In the service industry, especially at higher end places you got to deliver what you promise to get loyal repeat business. Leary and Perret think they can bully people into taking their bullshit. That idiotic guest registration card opens for everyone a window into the minds of the two morons that partially own and run Trout Point Lodge. The investors down here have never seen a dime on their money and now must be watching in horror as Leary and his psychotic wife Perret burn the business to the ground.

sop

7. lockemuptight

Are we sure the Trout Point Lodge didn't at one time host the writer of SNL who created the Parody on Castle Burger and the infamous word " SIMMERDOWNNOW". if so royalty payments are due Leary and Perret who may have unknowingly given the SNL writer the idea for his script.

I wonder if Super 8 attorneys,Broussard and Abel, would be interested in suing SNL for plagiarism of intellectual material.

We'll leave the 'light on' for them till they decide.

8. Novelle Ecosse

I must say the wit on this site is very sharp for "obviously mentally unstable individuals from the deep south of the United States".

I think we can all agree on prima faci this case is res ipsa loquitur.

9. lockemuptight

Why thanka' you Novelle for dat' kind designation of a "mental unstable individual". In fact, just the other day I was told dat' I was developing a little more mental stability so I signed up for dat' refresher course, "How to Maintain Stability With Dat' Mental Instability".

I'm sure dat' you will notice a heighten sense of instability in my future posts.

Meanwhile, DA' SAINTS GONNA' BEAR-IE DA' BEARS TOMORROW.

A respectful interment will immediately follow the game at the RIVER BIRCH dump.