Check out the comments reader Steve has added to A bit more on $enator Chri$ Dodd’$ ties to offshore reinsurers as we follow the $$$$$$$$. Fascinating information and incredible research – Sop and I shout out a big Thank You.
Several news items with updates on topics we’ve covered were posted during the day yesterday and are linked below in no particular order:
- Katrina relief group leaders face fines, updates information on Camp Coastal. (Clarion Ledger)
- Stanford’s CFO cooperating with the feds is the latest bad news for Sir Allen. (Clarion Ledger)
- Judge DeLaughter’s trial moved to August tells the latest on that docket. (Daily Journal)
- Grand jury could hear more judicial bribery evidence continues speculation about what’s next now that Scruggs will be a witness. (Oxford Eagle) and Mississippi judicial bribery probe expands reports from the stake-out of the courthouse and confirms the grand jury is meeting and increases speculation about the target. (Clarion Ledger)
- Quote of the Day (Louisiana Governor Jindal) They’re not allowed to show my speech at Gitmo any longer.
- A rare gruesome murder rocks Bay St Louis. The body was dismembered and burned.
- Former game warden and his brother convicted of poaching ducks. Andy and Ted I want to knock your heads together. Damn!
- The Biloxi Seafood Museum rebuild is suffering a bad case of champaigne taste on a beer budget. Reach for the stars guys…
- There are Killer Whales in the Gulf!
- Finally the big news we’ve ignored in the loss of the Pops Ferry Bridge. The Sun Herald editorial board wonders if 8 barges at a time are too many.
Any other time, one or more of these items would have be the subject of a post – and maybe will be one day; but, for now, we’re just keeping readers up to date on current news and reporting breaking news in posts. As David Rossmiller said so well, “Work is the curse of the blogging class”.